Mary Huse Grove in Manor Park, Lower Hutt, is named after Mary Huse, born Mary Letitia Cottle (25 October 1894 – 23 March 1986). She was married to William Charles Edwill Huse. The Huse family were dairy farmers, and their Jersey herd supplied milk to Wellington Hospital in the 1930s. Mary was the daughter of Edward William (Ted) and Hannah Cottle. Her father, Edward, born in 1867 in Taita, married Hannah Mary Pearce in 1893, and they had three children: James, Mary, and George.
Interestingly, another street nearby, Cottle Heath Close, is also linked to Mary Huse’s family.