Previously named Cottle’s Lane. John and Marion Walters and five children arrived in the “Slains Castle” in 1841 and lived in the area.
Richard John Seddon was Prime Minister 1893-1906. The street was prominent in the Waddington settlement in 1918.
Dr Anson lived in Anson House (1899) on the corner of Trinity Avenue and High Street. Anson House provided overnight accommodation for guests and grazing for horses on the coach stop to the Wairarapa.